- 1/2 cup whiskey
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons miso paste (or 3 tablespoons Miso & Easy)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 4 pork chops, about 1-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a sealable bag, combine the whiskey, apple cider, miso, brown sugar and mustard. Add the pork chops, seal the bag and squeeze out as much air as possible. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or up to overnight.
- When ready to cook, remove the pork chops from the bag. Wipe off marinade from pork chop, reserving as much of the marinade as possible in the bag.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Swirl in the cooking oil. Add in the pork chops and cook for 2 minutes. Flip the pork chops then pour in the reserved remaining marinade from the bag into the pan. Turn the heat to medium-low and cover the pan. Cook for 5 minutes (if your pork chops are thinner than 1″ please cut time to 3-4 minutes) or until the pork chops are 145F in the middle, or just barely pink. Let rest for 3 minutes on counter.
- Top with parsley. Serve with the whiskey miso sauce from the pan.
Estimated Nutrient Breakdown:
Total Fat: 74.94g
Saturated Fat: 21.76g
Monounsaturated Fat: 35.77g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 11.15g
Vit A: 27.13
Vit B1: 4.28
Vit B2: 1.24
Vit B3: 21.82
Vit B6: 2.28
Vit B12: 2.50
Vit D: 98.28
Vit E: 98.28
Vit K1: 79.98
Health Notes: Sugar-Conscious,Peanut-Free,Tree-Nut-Free,
Notes: Wild Food Box smart WordPress plugin!
Author: Steamy Kitchen
Tags: Wild Food Box,Whiskey,Chops