- 2 t. olive oil
- 1 lb. italian style vegan sausage, cut in ¾ in. pieces
- 2 medium sweet onions, chopped
- 1 t. chopped fresh rosemary
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- ⅓ c. all-purpose flour
- 3 c. vegetable broth
- 1 bunch kale, cut into small bite size pieces
- 1 t. white vinegar
- 1 t. dry cooking sherry
- 1 small head cauliflower (about 2 pounds), cut into florets
- 1 package of crescent rolls or 2 sheets of puff pastry.
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the sausage and cook, turning occasionally, until browned, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Remove the sausage from the pan and put in a large bowl.
- Add the chopped onions, rosemary, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper to the skillet and cook, stirring, until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the flour and cook, stir for 1 min. Add the veggie broth and cook at a simmer for another 3 minutes.
- Add the kale, vinegar, sherry, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook, tossing, until the kale is wilted.
- Remove pan from heat and add mixture and cauliflower in the large bowl with sausage.
- Toss everything together to combine.
- Pour everything from bowl into a 9×13 pan or 3 Qt. baking dish. Top with desired pastry dough.
- You can overlap the rectangles or triangles slightly.
- Bake until the pastry is golden and the filling is bubbling, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Estimated Nutrient Breakdown:
Total Fat: 150.42g
Saturated Fat: 35.19g
Monounsaturated Fat: 27.67g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 44.31g
Vit A: 1,032.44
Vit B1: 11.92
Vit B2: 3.00
Vit B3: 60.97
Vit B6: 6.90
Vit B12: 0.00
Vit D: 0.00
Vit E: 0.00
Vit K1: 1,592.10
Health Notes: Vegetarian,Peanut-Free,Tree-Nut-Free, Balanced
Notes: These recipes are unbelievable!
Author: Honest Cooking
Tags: Wild Food Box,,Balanced