- 1 (16 oz/450 g) brick medium-firm tofu
- 3/4 cup unsweetened nondairy milk
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter, for frying
- 5 English muffins, split in half
- 5 tablespoons vegan butter
- 5 vegan cheddar cheese slices
- Cassava Bacon
- 2 vine tomatoes, sliced thick
- To make the vegan egg, drain the tofu of excess water. Place in a high-powered blender with the nondairy milk, nutritional yeast, tapioca flour, turmeric, garlic and onion powders, salt, and pepper. Blend on high until smooth. The batter should be the consistency of a thick pancake batter. Add a bit more nondairy milk if you need to thin it out. Stir in the chopped chives.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat and add a bit of vegan butter. Let it melt and spread it around the frying surface. Pour approximately 1/3 cup of the batter onto the pan and gently spread out to a 6-to 7-inch circle. Cook on the first side for 4 to 5 minutes; the patty should be bubbling and look slightly cooked through and darker in color before flipping. Flip and cook for another 4 to 5 minutes. Fold the patty in half and then in half again, so it looks like you’ve folded a thick crepe, and cook for another minute on each side to make sure that the middle is thoroughly cooked. Set each folded patty aside on a plate and cover to keep warm. Butter the pan before pouring the next 1/3 cup of batter into the pan. As you go, you might need to lower the heat or adjust cook times, as the pan will get hotter.
- When you’re on your last egg patty, set the oven to broil and place the English muffins on a baking sheet. Generously butter each side of the muffins and place 1 piece of cheese on each of the bottom halves. Toast under the broiler for a couple of minutes until the cheese is melted and the muffins are golden brown. Watch closely so the muffins don’t burn!
- Place the bacon strips in the pan once the egg patties are done just to heat through.
- To assemble each sandwich, place an egg patty on top of the cheese, add a tomato slice and as many bacon strips as you want, and finish with the top half of the muffin. The patties can be made ahead and heated through in a pan or the oven or in a microwave before serving. You can also store extra batter in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Estimated Nutrient Breakdown:
Total Fat: 190.29g
Saturated Fat: 139.52g
Monounsaturated Fat: 18.87g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 12.81g
Vit A: 484.99
Vit B1: 52.88
Vit B2: 53.67
Vit B3: 310.33
Vit B6: 52.12
Vit B12: 42.79
Vit D: 33.60
Vit E: 33.60
Vit K1: 79.18
Health Notes: Peanut-Free,Tree-Nut-Free,Alcohol-Free,
Notes: These recipes are astonishing!!
Tags: Wild Food Box,Vegan,Breakfast