- 6 tbsp. tillamook® unsalted butter, melted*
- 1½ cups cornflake crumbs
- 12 oz tillamook® pepper jack cheese, divided
- 2 cans (7oz each) whole green chiles, drained and patted dry
- 1½ cups mini penne pasta
- 1/2 cup 1% milk
- 1/2 cup tillamook® premium sour cream
- 3 cups (12oz) shredded tillamook® sharp cheddar cheese
- 5 drops hot sauce
- Note: tillamook is a brand name common on the west coast but as you can see you could substitute your own brands available to you.
- In a medium bowl combine melted butter with cornflake crumbs. Press half of mixture into deep-dish pie pan or 2 ½- quart baking dish. Set aside remaining mixture.
- Cut Pepper Jack Cheese into 8 pieces that are ½ x ½ x 2 ¾ inches each. Fit each piece of cheese into a whole chile and arrange in prepared baking dish. Shred the remaining Pepper Jack Cheese and set aside. Cut remaining chiles into strips. Reserve for garnish or other use.
- Place rack in center of oven. Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large pot bring 3 quarts of water to a boil. Add 2½ teaspoons of salt and pasta and cook according to package directions, stirring occasionally. Pasta is done when it is slightly chewy to the bite or al dente. Drain pasta in a colander and set aside.
- In a heavy bottomed medium saucepan add milk, sour cream and remaining cheeses. Over low heat, stir frequently until cheese is melted and the sauce is blended and smooth. Remove from heat and fold in hot sauce and pasta. Pour into baking dish. Top with remaining cornflake mixture and garnish with reserved chile strips if desired. Bake for 30 minutes until cheese is bubbly and top begins to brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Estimated Nutrient Breakdown:
Total Fat: 314.66g
Saturated Fat: 189.12g
Monounsaturated Fat: 82.88g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 13.11g
Vit A: 2,653.86
Vit B1: 0.96
Vit B2: 4.11
Vit B3: 13.41
Vit B6: 2.00
Vit B12: 8.96
Vit D: 342.33
Vit E: 342.33
Vit K1: 26.69
Health Notes: Sugar-Conscious,Vegetarian,Peanut-Free,Tree-Nut-Free,Alcohol-Free, Low-Carb
Notes: My adorable dad says this recipe is helpful.
Author: Group Recipes
Tags: Wild Food Box,,Low-Carb