- 2 Asian eggplants (or 1 large globe eggplant)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (or ground chicken/ground turkey)
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- sprig of fresh basil
- [2 tablespoons Miso & Easy] OR [1 tablespoon regular miso paste + 1/2 teaspoon mirin]
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Slice each eggplant in half, lengthwise. Use a teaspoon to scoop out the insides of the eggplant. Set aside the eggplant “boats” and put the insides of the eggplant into a large bowl.
- To the same a large bowl, combine the onion, garlic and ground beef. Heat a large frying pan over medium high heat. When hot, swirl in the cooking oil. Add in the contents of the bowl and saute for 5 minutes or until the beef is no longer pink. Add in the miso paste and cook an additional minute.
- Set the eggplant halves on a baking sheet. Spoon the ground beef mixture into each eggplant half. Roast for 20 minutes, or until the eggplant is cooked through. Top with minced basil and serve.
Estimated Nutrient Breakdown:
Total Fat: 63.47g
Saturated Fat: 19.01g
Monounsaturated Fat: 29.53g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 7.07g
Vit A: 26.67
Vit B1: 0.59
Vit B2: 0.85
Vit B3: 17.12
Vit B6: 1.84
Vit B12: 4.88
Vit D: 6.80
Vit E: 6.80
Vit K1: 70.98
Health Notes: Peanut-Free,Tree-Nut-Free,
Notes: My grandma says this recipe is glamorous!
Author: Steamy Kitchen
Tags: Wild Food Box,Stuffed,Eggplant