- 6 cups popcorn (1 1/2 ounces; see Cooks' notes)
- 2 cups coarsely broken blue corn tortilla chips (2 3/4 ounces)
- 2 cups Cheddar fish-shaped crackers or other cheese crackers (3 3/4 ounces)
- 2 cups corn nuts (6 1/2 ounces) or smokehouse almonds
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika (sometimes labeled pimentón dulce)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco (optional)
- Large (18- by 13-inch) rimmed baking sheet
- Heat oven to 300°F with rack in middle. Grease rimmed baking sheet with oil.
- Combine popcorn, tortilla chips, cheese crackers, and corn nuts in a large bowl.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Remove pan from heat and whisk in barbecue sauce, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, paprika, chili and garlic powders, and Tabasco, if using.
- Drizzle barbecue sauce mixture over snack mix and stir until combined well.
- Evenly spread mixture in baking sheet and bake, stirring and turning mixture over every 10 minutes, for a total of 40 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack (it will crisp as it cools), then break into pieces.
Estimated Nutrient Breakdown:
Total Fat: 292.24g
Saturated Fat: 79.70g
Monounsaturated Fat: 131.25g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 64.03g
Vit A: 1,013.89
Vit B1: 1.44
Vit B2: 3.96
Vit B3: 20.84
Vit B6: 1.26
Vit B12: 0.55
Vit D: 69.16
Vit E: 69.16
Vit K1: 32.53
Health Notes: Peanut-Free,Alcohol-Free,
Notes: I love WordPress plugins, because they are clever!!
Tags: Wild Food Box,Scary,Barbecue