- 1 pound, thin sliced chicken tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons sake
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium miso paste or 2 tablespoons Miso & Easy
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 small heads of butter lettuce, leaves torn
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon low sodium miso paste or 2 tablespoons Miso & Easy
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 4 tablespoons rapeseed, grapeseed, rice or olive oil
- Turn oven to broil (high) and place rack 8″ below heating element. Slice the chicken breast into thick strips. Combine the sake, ginger, miso and salt. Toss the chicken strips into the mixture. Place chicken on a baking pan. Broil for 8 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- In the meantime, add the sesame seeds to a frying pan and roast over medium-high heat while shaking the pan to avoid burning the seeds. When the seeds start to pop, remove from the heat.
- Reserve 1 teaspoon of the toasted seeds and set aside.
- For the dressing, slide the remaining seeds into a Japanese grinding bowl or mortar and grind roughly. Mash in the miso to form a thick paste and add the vinegar to lighten (and brighten) the miso-sesame mixture. Whisk in the oil slowly until emulsified. (Be sure to whisk again right before dressing your salad.)
- Toss the lettuce with the dressing. Place the chicken on top of the lettuce and sprinkle with the reserved toasted sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
Estimated Nutrient Breakdown:
Total Fat: 136.99g
Saturated Fat: 23.96g
Monounsaturated Fat: 72.62g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 26.13g
Vit A: 407.23
Vit B1: 1.27
Vit B2: 0.68
Vit B3: 27.92
Vit B6: 0.60
Vit B12: 1.25
Vit D: 40.82
Vit E: 40.82
Vit K1: 359.28
Health Notes: Sugar-Conscious,Peanut-Free,Tree-Nut-Free, Low-Carb
Notes: I be wild about addons, because they are fancy!!
Author: Steamy Kitchen
Tags: Wild Food Box,,Low-Carb