- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 cups fresh white corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cups chicken stock, or as needed
- 6 potatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried celery flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, or as needed (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in an oven-proof skillet over medium heat; stir in corn and tarragon and cook, stirring occasionally, until corn begins to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Place skillet with corn in the preheated oven; roast, stirring every 5 minutes, until lightly browned but not dry, about 20 minutes.
- Place bacon in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat; cook, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Remove bacon slices; drain on paper towels. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon bacon fat.
- Heat reserved bacon fat in Dutch oven over medium heat; stir in onion. Cook and stir until onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low, and continue to cook and stir until the onion is very tender and dark brown, about 15 minutes.
- Pour chicken stock over caramelized onions; stir, scraping the bottom of the pot to dissolve any browned bits, and bring to a boil. Stir potatoes, parsley, garlic, celery, and paprika into onion mixture. Crumble bacon, reserving about 1/4 cup for garnish, and stir bacon into soup. Reduce heat to low; simmer until potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Stir remaining 2 tablespoons butter and half-and-half into soup; season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle reserved bacon and Cheddar cheese over soup to serve.
Estimated Nutrient Breakdown:
Total Fat: 245.13g
Saturated Fat: 94.40g
Monounsaturated Fat: 97.66g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 35.41g
Vit A: 612.41
Vit B1: 3.04
Vit B2: 1.90
Vit B3: 52.73
Vit B6: 6.38
Vit B12: 2.74
Vit D: 107.81
Vit E: 107.81
Vit K1: 296.12
Health Notes: Peanut-Free,Tree-Nut-Free,Alcohol-Free,
Notes: I like modules, because they are helpful!!
Tags: Wild Food Box,Roasted,Chowder