- 2 cups BA Biscuit Mix
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into 1/2″ cubes, chilled in freezer for 10 minutes
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced stemmed dried figs (about 2 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- All-purpose flour (for surface)
- 1 large egg, beaten to blend
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar
- 3/4 cup jam (such as strawberry)
- 3/4 cup chilled heavy cream, whipped
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Pulse BA Biscuit Mix and butter in a food processor until mixture resembles coarse meal. Transfer to a large bowl. Add buttermilk; mix to just combine. Add figs and zest; mix to just combine. Transfer to a lightly floured surface; gather into a ball. Knead 4-5 times. Dust with flour as needed to prevent sticking. Roll out to a 7″ square about 3/4″ thick. Cut in half. Cut each half crosswise into 4 rectangles.
- Transfer shortcakes to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Brush with beaten egg; sprinkle with raw sugar.
- Bake shortcakes until firm and golden brown, 13-15 minutes. Let cool slightly on a wire rack. Split; fill with jam and whipped cream.
Estimated Nutrient Breakdown:
Total Fat: 202.14g
Saturated Fat: 111.59g
Monounsaturated Fat: 66.09g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 12.00g
Vit A: 1,682.15
Vit B1: 1.63
Vit B2: 2.15
Vit B3: 14.34
Vit B6: 0.48
Vit B12: 2.30
Vit D: 3.95
Vit E: 3.95
Vit K1: 38.52
Health Notes: Vegetarian,Peanut-Free,Tree-Nut-Free,Alcohol-Free,
Notes: These recipes are nice!!
Tags: Wild Food Box