- 1 1/2 cups wild rice
- 6 cups 1-inch cubes country-style bread (1/2 lb)
- 1/2 lb sliced bacon, coarsely chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Rinse rice in a sieve under cold water, then cover with cold water by 2 inches in a 4-quart pot. Simmer, covered, until tender, 50 minutes to 1 hour. Drain rice in sieve and cool 10 minutes.
- Toast bread in a large shallow baking pan in middle of oven until dry, about 30 minutes.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over moderate heat, stirring, until crisp and transfer with a slotted spoon to a large bowl. Cook onions in fat remaining in skillet, stirring, until softened. Add celery and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Add onions and celery to bacon and stir in parsley, bread, rice, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Increase temperature to 375°F.
- Transfer dressing to a buttered 3- to 4-quart baking dish and drizzle chicken broth over dressing. Bake dressing, covered, 20 minutes, then uncover and bake 20 minutes more, or until bread is golden brown and dressing is heated through.
Estimated Nutrient Breakdown:
Total Fat: 103.59g
Saturated Fat: 33.27g
Monounsaturated Fat: 42.88g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 20.38g
Vit A: 191.25
Vit B1: 2.10
Vit B2: 1.78
Vit B3: 43.02
Vit B6: 2.39
Vit B12: 1.13
Vit D: 0.91
Vit E: 0.91
Vit K1: 556.03
Health Notes: Peanut-Free,Tree-Nut-Free,Alcohol-Free, Balanced
Notes: These recipes are astonishing!!
Tags: Wild Food Box