- 4 kiwi fruits
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 1/2-2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup minced red onions
- 1 cup chopped strawberries (about 8)
- 1/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 cup chopped yellow bell peppers (1 small)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Whisk together vinegar, orange juice concentrate, oil, cilantro and salt.
- Remove 2 tbsp of mixture and set aside for salsa dressing.
- Add garlic and pepper to remaining mixture for marinade.
- Place marinade in a 1-gallon sealable plastic bag or shallow glass dish with chicken; turn to coat.
- Let stand 20- 30 minutes; turn chicken occasionally.
- Meanwhile, prepare salsa.
- Peel kiwi.
- Cut crosswise into 1/4″ thick slices; stack slices and cut into quarters.
- Toss kiwi in reserved dressing with pepper, strawberries and red onion.
- Set aside.
- Heat charcoal 30 minutes until coals are covered with a light layer of gray ash, or heat gas grill 10 minutes with lid closed.
- Grill chicken 5- 7 minutes per side over medium coals (375 degree grill surface temperature).
- Remove from grill when a meat thermometer inserted horizontally into the thickest part of the the breasts reads 160.
- Serve chicken with salsa, black beans and french bread.
Estimated Nutrient Breakdown:
Total Fat: 37.19g
Saturated Fat: 5.71g
Monounsaturated Fat: 14.59g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 8.41g
Vit A: 113.11
Vit B1: 1.10
Vit B2: 1.68
Vit B3: 79.46
Vit B6: 7.15
Vit B12: 1.67
Vit D: 0.00
Vit E: 0.00
Vit K1: 153.35
Health Notes: Peanut-Free,Tree-Nut-Free,Alcohol-Free,
Notes: My beautiful mom says this recipe is interesting!
Tags: Wild Food Box