- Noodles & veggies:
- 11/2 cups (350 ml) plus 3 tbsp (45 ml) peanut oil, divided
- 16oz (450 g) package wide, flat rice noodles
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) (or to taste) garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) shallots, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut in half horizontally and then each half cut in eighths
- 1 stalk broccoli, chopped-bulk of stem discarded
- ½ chinese eggplant, chopped
- 16 oz. (450 g) extra firm organic tofu, cut into small cubes
- 6 shitake mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup (120 ml) snow pea pods, cut into thirds
- ½ red pepper, diced
- ½ yellow or orange pepper, diced
- 1 cup (240 ml) thai basil leavers, shredded
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup (60 ml) cilantro, chopped
- For the sauce:
- ¼ cup (60 ml) plus 2 tbsp (30 ml)golden mountain sauce (available in asian markets-you can also use mushroom flavored soy, but golden mountain is better)
- ¼ cup (60 ml) plus 2 tbsp (30 ml) vegetarian oyster sauce
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) palm sugar (available in asian markets-do not use white sugar!!)
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) roasted chili paste
- Black pepper
- Soak the Noodles in hot water for 30-40 minutes. You want them to be tender, but not soft.
- While they are soaking make the sauce and chop the veggies. An immersion blender helps with the sauce but is not necessary; just make sure that the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Drain and toss the Noodles with 1 Tbsp of the Peanut Oil. Set aside.
- Heat ½ cup of Peanut Oil in your wok over medium high heat. Once the oil is quite hot deep fry your Tofu pieces in batches until crispy and golden. Drain on paper towels. (You can save the oil once you are finished and reuse it for your next deep fry; I hate throwing it away as it is expensive.)
- Heat the remaining Peanut Oil in your wok over medium high heat. Add the Garlic and Shallots once the oil has gotten quite hot and stir, constantly, for about 30 seconds.
- Add the Veggies and stir fry (aka-stir quite frequently, about 3x/ minute!) for about 5 minutes.
- Remove Veggies to a large bowl. Do not turn off stove.
- Toss the Noodles in your wok for about 30 seconds, making sure that they don't stick together or clump.
- Add the Sauce to the Noodles and stir fry for about 1 minute.
- Now add your Cooked Veggies and Deep Fried Tofu.Toss to combine.
- Add Tomatoes and Basil. Stir to combine until Basil begins to wilt.
- Add Cilantro. Mix and serve.
Estimated Nutrient Breakdown:
Total Fat: 386.06g
Saturated Fat: 66.09g
Monounsaturated Fat: 173.43g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 125.18g
Vit A: 453.80
Vit B1: 1.03
Vit B2: 1.46
Vit B3: 16.18
Vit B6: 2.66
Vit B12: 0.45
Vit D: 0.67
Vit E: 0.67
Vit K1: 343.93
Health Notes: Tree-Nut-Free,Alcohol-Free,
Notes: I be nuts about modules, because they are huge!!
Author: Honest Cooking
Tags: Wild Food Box