- 2 pints strawberries, hulled, quartered
- 2 pints blueberries
- 2 pints blackberries
- 2 pints raspberries
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 1 1-pound loaf brioche or challah bread, cut crosswise into 1″ slices
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Special equipment: a 9″10″-diameter springform pan
- Line pan with plastic wrap. Place on a rimmed baking sheet. Combine all berries, 1 cup sugar, and 1/2 cup water in a large pot. Scrape in seeds from vanilla bean. Bring to a simmer, stirring to dissolve sugar. Simmer for 10 minutes. Set berry sauce aside.
- Spread bread slices with butter. Mix remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle over bread slices.
- Drizzle 1/2 cup warm berry sauce over bottom of pan. Line pan with a single layer of bread, cutting to fit as needed. Pour 1 1/2 cups berry sauce over. Repeat layering 2 more times. Pour any remaining sauce over. Cover with plastic. Set a plate slightly smaller than pan on top of pudding to weigh down, keeping bread submerged. Chill for at least 1 hour and up to 2 days.
- Remove plate and plastic from top of pudding. Invert onto a plate. Release pan sides; remove pan and plastic.
Estimated Nutrient Breakdown:
Total Fat: 107.31g
Saturated Fat: 51.47g
Monounsaturated Fat: 29.61g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 13.53g
Vit A: 969.47
Vit B1: 2.70
Vit B2: 2.84
Vit B3: 34.75
Vit B6: 1.46
Vit B12: 0.60
Vit D: 3.09
Vit E: 3.09
Vit K1: 303.14
Health Notes: Vegetarian,Peanut-Free,Tree-Nut-Free,Alcohol-Free,
Notes: My grandma says this recipe is smart!
Tags: Wild Food Box