- Spicy Chicken Stock
- 1 (2-pound) kabocha squash
- 4 cups thin wedges mixed cabbages (such as bok choy, Napa, and savoy)
- 4 cups cooked chicken (see Spicy Chicken Stock)
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
- Basil leaves, cilantro leaves with tender stems, and chili oil (for serving)
- 1 (2-inch) piece ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 3 limes, cut into wedges
- Heat stock in a large pot over medium.
- Meanwhile, cut squash into 4 wedges and remove seeds. Cut each wedge into 4 pieces. Add squash to stock and simmer until tender, 8–10 minutes. Add cabbage and cooked chicken and cook until warmed through, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide soup among bowls. Top with jalapeño and some basil and cilantro; drizzle with chili oil and finish with a pinch of ginger. Serve with lime wedges for squeezing over.
- Soup (without toppings) can be made 3 days ahead. Let cool; cover and chill.
Estimated Nutrient Breakdown:
Total Fat: 44.12g
Saturated Fat: 11.93g
Monounsaturated Fat: 16.69g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 9.92g
Vit A: 226.20
Vit B1: 1.76
Vit B2: 1.46
Vit B3: 57.48
Vit B6: 4.30
Vit B12: 1.62
Vit D: 0.00
Vit E: 0.00
Vit K1: 277.33
Health Notes: Peanut-Free,Tree-Nut-Free,Alcohol-Free,
Notes: I be nuts about plugins, because they are awesome.
Tags: Wild Food Box