- 3/4 cup French green lentils*
- 6 cups 1-inch pieces peeled seeded sugar pumpkin or butternut squash (from about one 2-pound whole pumpkin)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon hot smoked Spanish paprika**
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 1 cup soft goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Place lentils in small bowl. Cover with cold water and soak 10 minutes; drain.
- Cook lentils in boiling salted water until tender but firm, about 30 minutes. Drain lentils. Rinse under cold water, then drain.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place pumpkin in large bowl; toss with 2 tablespoons oil, cumin, paprika, and sea salt. Arrange pumpkin in single layer on baking sheet; roast 20 minutes. Turn pumpkin over. Roast until tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Cool.
- Combine lentils, pumpkin, and oil from baking sheet with arugula, half of goat cheese, mint, vinegar, and 1 tablespoon oil. Season with salt and pepper. Divide among plates; sprinkle remaining goat cheese over.
- Available at some supermarkets and at specialty foods stores.
- ** Sometimes labeled Pimentón Picante or Pimentó de La Vera Picante; available at specialty foods stores and from tienda.com.
Estimated Nutrient Breakdown:
Total Fat: 81.45g
Saturated Fat: 32.39g
Monounsaturated Fat: 38.88g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 6.36g
Vit A: 2,242.01
Vit B1: 1.62
Vit B2: 1.50
Vit B3: 7.38
Vit B6: 1.57
Vit B12: 0.34
Vit D: 0.72
Vit E: 0.72
Vit K1: 69.83
Health Notes: Sugar-Conscious,Vegetarian,Peanut-Free,Tree-Nut-Free,Alcohol-Free,
Notes: I love plugins, because they are smart!
Tags: Wild Food Box