- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 1 medium bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes with chiles (see Chef's Tip, below)
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups Taco Rice
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Coat an 8-by-8-inch casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium-low heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes, or until the onions have softened. Add the jalapeño and bell peppers, zucchini, chili powder, and salt to the skillet and stir to combine. Raise the heat to medium and continue to sauté until the vegetables are soft and no liquid remains on the bottom of the skillet, about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the corn kernels, diced tomatoes and chiles, and black beans. Add the sautéed vegetables, Taco Rice, and shredded cheddar cheese to the bowl and stir until evenly mixed.
- Pour the rice and vegetable mixture into the prepared casserole dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle the green onions over the casserole and serve.
Estimated Nutrient Breakdown:
Total Fat: 56.43g
Saturated Fat: 14.64g
Monounsaturated Fat: 26.80g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 8.76g
Vit A: 546.06
Vit B1: 3.83
Vit B2: 1.73
Vit B3: 20.98
Vit B6: 2.80
Vit B12: 0.49
Vit D: 0.56
Vit E: 0.56
Vit K1: 107.74
Health Notes: Vegetarian,Peanut-Free,Tree-Nut-Free,Alcohol-Free,
Notes: These recipes are nice!!
Tags: Wild Food Box