- * 1 pound dry white bean, presoaked
- * 2.5 pound uncooked chicken breast, diced
- * 2 can (14.5 ounce each) low sodium chicken broth
- * 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- * 2 teaspoon dry oregano
- * 2 teaspoon salt
- * 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- * 1 teaspoon chili powder
- * 1/2 teaspoon dry basil
- * 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- * 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- * 4 clove garlic, minced
- * 2 can (4 ounce each) chopped green chili's
- * 1 jar (2 ounce) pimiento (drained)
- * 1/2 cup sour cream
- * 1/2 cup heavy cream
- * 1/2 tablespoon butter
- * 1 tablespoon flour
- * 1/cup milk
- * avocado, diced *optional
- * cilantro, chopped *optional
- * tortilla chip, crumbled *optional
- * shredded cheddar cheese *optional
- Begin by adding the white beans to the slow cooker. Presoak as directed on the package.
- Add the chicken on top, then pour in the chicken broth.
- Add in the spices and seasonings.
- Then add the onions, garlic, chili and pimientos.
- Stir it all together until everything is mixed together well.
- Cover slow cooker and secure.
- Set the slow cooker on low and allow the soup to cook for about 6-8 hours.
- About an hour before you're ready to serve the soup, add in the heavy cream and sour cream and stir well.
- In a pan, over medium heat, melt the butter, and add the flour while whisking quickly. Continue to whisk until flour turns golden and remains smooth. Slowly stir in the milk. Continue whisking and keeping it smooth. Once done, let simmer until the milk is thick. Pour into the slow cooker and stir well, replacing the top and allowing everything else to warm all the way through.
- Change the setting either to warm, or turn it off completely. Serve individually in bowls and garnish with avocado, cilantro, tortilla chips and cheese. Season as desired (add hot sauce if you like it a little spicier).
Estimated Nutrient Breakdown:
Total Fat: 196.83g
Saturated Fat: 81.84g
Monounsaturated Fat: 68.96g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 29.07g
Vit A: 1,323.85
Vit B1: 3.22
Vit B2: 2.93
Vit B3: 129.43
Vit B6: 8.77
Vit B12: 6.32
Vit D: 9.11
Vit E: 9.11
Vit K1: 86.74
Health Notes: Sugar-Conscious,Peanut-Free,Tree-Nut-Free,Alcohol-Free,
Notes: Wild Food Box adorable plug-in!
Tags: Wild Food Box