- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 4 medium roma tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups beef stock
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley or coriander leaves
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili paste (optional)
- 4 new trim lamb shanks
- In a small bowl, mix half the oil with the tomato paste, cumin and chilli paste.
- Brush or rub the meat with this paste.
- On the stove top, heat the remaining oil in a large pan and brown the meat for a few minutes.
- Add the thyme, wine, stock, tomato and garlic, and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Transfer the mixture to your slowcooker.
- Allow to simmer for 8-10 hours on low, or 4-6 hours on high, until the mixture falls away from the bone.
- Do not lift the lid during cooking.
- Just before serving, stir in the chopped parsley and serve with mashed potato and a green salad.
- (Alternatively, sprinkle with home-made gremolata before serving.).
Estimated Nutrient Breakdown:
Total Fat: 272.78g
Saturated Fat: 119.78g
Monounsaturated Fat: 120.80g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 13.54g
Vit A: 150.94
Vit B1: 2.82
Vit B2: 5.75
Vit B3: 96.87
Vit B6: 7.20
Vit B12: 49.83
Vit D: 0.00
Vit E: 0.00
Vit K1: 55.77
Health Notes: Sugar-Conscious,Peanut-Free,Tree-Nut-Free, Low-Carb
Notes: Wild Food Box astonishing add-on!!
Tags: Wild Food Box