- 4 green bell peppers
- 8oz jarlsberg dip with red onion
- 1-1/2 cup instant rice
- 10 oz diced fire roasted tomatoes, drained
- 3 sweet italian-style turkey sausages
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash and cut around the pepper stem. Pull stem out and discard along with the seeds.
- Quick roast peppers on a stove burner heated to high. Insert tongs inside the pepper and roll it on the burner. Be careful, you only want to add a little color to the skin! Set peppers aside when you’re done.
- In a large bowl, mix together Jarlsberg Dip with Red Onion, fire roasted tomatoes and instant rice. Set aside.
- Brown sweet Italian-style turkey sausages in small frying pan for 5 minutes on medium high. Cut into ½” pieces and add to rice mixture. (It you do not want to include the sausage casing, split sausage with a knife before cooking, let cool then peel.)
- Arrange peppers to fit snuggly in a baking pan or casserole dish. Stuff with rice mixture and top with freshly ground black pepper. (It’s important to not add extra salt or oils because the cheese and sausage plus roasted tomato will naturally do this for you.)
- Cover pan with foil and place on middle rack. Cook for 50 minutes, or until peppers are tender. Want brown tops? Remove the foil five minutes before cooking time is up. Let cool for 10 minutes.
Estimated Nutrient Breakdown:
Total Fat: 17.24g
Saturated Fat: 4.32g
Monounsaturated Fat: 5.20g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 5.14g
Vit A: 226.19
Vit B1: 0.82
Vit B2: 0.79
Vit B3: 16.78
Vit B6: 2.71
Vit B12: 2.22
Vit D: 0.00
Vit E: 0.00
Vit K1: 64.79
Health Notes: Peanut-Free,Tree-Nut-Free,Alcohol-Free, Low-Fat
Notes: I love WordPress plugins, because they are beautiful!!
Author: Honest Cooking
Tags: Wild Food Box