- 3 pounds pork butt, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons canola or grapeseed oil
- 1 fennel bulb, diced
- 2 mediums onions, diced
- 1/2 small head of green cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup apple cider
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 granny smith apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons whole sprigs fresh rosemary or 1 dry
- 2 sprigs flat leafed parsley
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil over medium high heat in a Dutch oven or heavy bottom pot.
- Season the pork with salt and pepper.
- Working in batches to avoid overcrowding, brown the pork pieces on all sides.
- Remove the pork, reduce the head to medium, and add the fennel, onions and cabbage to the pot.
- Sauté the veggies in the pork dripping for about 5 minutes.
- Add the wine to deglaze, scraping up any brown bits off the bottom of the pot.
- Cook for a few minutes more.
- Return the pork pieces to the pot along with the apple cider, chicken broth, apples, bay leaves, rosemary and parsley.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 1½ hours, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the rosemary, bay leaves, and parsley springs before serving.
Estimated Nutrient Breakdown:
Total Fat: 220.68g
Saturated Fat: 66.16g
Monounsaturated Fat: 82.01g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 52.55g
Vit A: 210.97
Vit B1: 7.84
Vit B2: 5.92
Vit B3: 72.86
Vit B6: 8.23
Vit B12: 12.38
Vit D: 9.53
Vit E: 9.53
Vit K1: 489.43
Health Notes: Peanut-Free,Tree-Nut-Free,
Notes: These recipes are beautiful!!
Tags: Wild Food Box