- 6-8 tbsp sunflower or olive oil
- 1.0kg waxy potatoes , such as maris piper or desirée
- Cut 1 kg waxy potatoes into chunks.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, then cook the potatoes for 3 mins. Drain, shake out onto a kitchen paper-lined tray and leave to cool.
- When ready to serve, heat 6-8 tbsp sunflower or olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan until you can feel a strong heat rising.
- If your pan isn’t large enough, fry the potatoes in two batches – rather than crowding them. Have kitchen paper ready to drain them on. Add the potatoes in a single layer, not too tightly packed.
- Turn the heat to medium-high, so that the potatoes sizzle, but don’t stir until they start to brown underneath.
- Turn them all evenly 2 or 3 times until nicely browned all over – this can take about 7 mins.
- Then lift out with a fish slice or large slotted spoon to drain on more kitchen paper. Sprinkle with sea salt.
Estimated Nutrient Breakdown:
Total Fat: 95.40g
Saturated Fat: 13.31g
Monounsaturated Fat: 68.97g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 10.37g
Vit A: 0.00
Vit B1: 0.80
Vit B2: 0.32
Vit B3: 10.54
Vit B6: 2.95
Vit B12: 0.00
Vit D: 0.00
Vit E: 0.00
Vit K1: 75.89
Health Notes: Sugar-Conscious,Vegan,Vegetarian,Peanut-Free,Tree-Nut-Free,Alcohol-Free,Immuno-Supportive,
Notes: My sister says this recipe is clever!
Author: BBC Good Food
Tags: Wild Food Box