- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil 2 large yellow onions, peeled and finely chopped 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped 1 3
- ⁄4 lbs. boneless lamb shoulder or beef stew meat, cut into 1 1⁄4
- ” cubes 3 ripe medium tomatoes, peeled, cored, and chopped salt and freshly ground black pepper 2 1⁄4
- –2 1⁄2 lbs. shelled fresh favas (8–9 cups) from 7–8 lbs. unshelled favas 6–8 cups cooked rice, hot
- Heat oil in a large wide pot over medium heat. Add onions and cook until golden, 8–10 minutes. Add garlic and meat and cook until meat is browned all over, about 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and enough water (1–1 1⁄2 cups) to pot to just cover meat, scraping any browned bits on bottom of pot with a wooden spoon. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, covered, until meat is tender, 1 1⁄2–2 hours.
- Add favas to pot and increase heat to medium. Cover pot and simmer stew until favas and meat are very tender, 20–25 minutes. Uncover pot and let stew cook until sauce has reduced and thickened a bit, about 10 minutes more. Adjust seasonings. Serve stew with rice.
Estimated Nutrient Breakdown:
Total Fat: 397.32g
Saturated Fat: 169.78g
Monounsaturated Fat: 160.67g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 34.78g
Vit A: 184.44
Vit B1: 3.45
Vit B2: 6.94
Vit B3: 126.92
Vit B6: 3.54
Vit B12: 45.90
Vit D: 1.81
Vit E: 1.81
Vit K1: 514.23
Health Notes: Peanut-Free,Tree-Nut-Free,Alcohol-Free,
Notes: I like constituents, because they are huge!!
Tags: Wild Food Box