- 3 large handfuls of baby arugula greens, rinsed and dried
- 2 small – medium fennel bulbs, tops removed and discarded (reserve a few fronds for garnish)
- 2 fuyu persimmons
- 1 comice or asian pear
- ½ cup (114g) pomegranate seeds
- 6 prunes, pitted and chopped into small chunks
- 1 meyer lemon, zest and juice reserved and separated
- 3 tblsp (42.8g) extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup (114g) walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- ¾ cup (171.5g) coarse shaved parmigianino-reggiano, pecorino romano, or asiago
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Slice each bulb once from top to bottom. Then, slice the entire half as thinly as possible, horizontally, with a sharp knife or mandoline.
- Mix together the lemon zest, juice, and olive oil in a large bowl. Add the fennel and prunes to the dressing and let rest during the rest of the prep.
- Peel the persimmons and pears and remove the tough center core. Slice them into ¼ inch (1.9 cm) slices.
- Toss the green and the sliced fruit (persimmon and pears) lightly, into the large bowl with the dressed fennel and prunes.
- Top with the fronds, walnuts, and pomegranate seeds. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss once more and then put on each plate and top with coarse cheese shavings.
Estimated Nutrient Breakdown:
Total Fat: 166.61g
Saturated Fat: 42.97g
Monounsaturated Fat: 55.50g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 60.49g
Vit A: 419.84
Vit B1: 0.66
Vit B2: 1.19
Vit B3: 6.23
Vit B6: 1.29
Vit B12: 1.92
Vit D: 0.86
Vit E: 0.86
Vit K1: 396.94
Health Notes: Vegetarian,Peanut-Free,Alcohol-Free,
Notes: My sister says this recipe is smart!
Author: Honest Cooking
Tags: Wild Food Box