- ¾ lb. boneless leg of lamb, cut into ⅔” cubes
- 1½ oz. lamb fat, preferably tail fat, cut into ⅔” cubes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. coarse salt, plus more to taste
- 5 slender, pale purple eggplants (about 1 ¼ lbs.)
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 large green pepper, cored, seeded, and finely chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, cored, peeled, and finely chopped
- ⅓ cup lamb stock (see Panfried Lamb Kebabs with Bulgar Pilav, step 1)
- ½ cup cilantro leaves
- Toss together lamb, fat, and oil in a shallow dish. Refrigerate for 24 hours. Drain, transfer to a bowl; discard oil. Add salt; toss to combine. Thread 1 piece fat between every 4–6 pieces lamb onto six 15″–20″ metal skewers; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Arrange eggplant on a baking sheet in a single layer. Roast until soft, about 30 minutes. Let cool slightly; remove and discard skin. Transfer flesh to a medium bowl; mash smooth with a fork.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add peppers and cook until softened, 8–10 minutes. Add tomatoes and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated, 8–10 minutes. Add eggplant and salt to taste; stir to combine. Transfer to a serving platter. Preheat a grill to medium. Grill kebabs, turning and basting with stock occasionally, until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Slide meat and fat off onto eggplant mixture. Garnish with cilantro.
Estimated Nutrient Breakdown:
Total Fat: 193.32g
Saturated Fat: 78.20g
Monounsaturated Fat: 88.92g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 15.30g
Vit A: 552.56
Vit B1: 0.84
Vit B2: 1.18
Vit B3: 27.30
Vit B6: 1.52
Vit B12: 8.74
Vit D: 1.15
Vit E: 1.15
Vit K1: 109.00
Health Notes: Peanut-Free,Tree-Nut-Free,Alcohol-Free, Low-Carb
Notes: I adore plug-ins, because they are nice.
Tags: Wild Food Box