- 1 cup fresh herbs of your choice
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 3-4 tablespoons sunflower or olive oil
- 2 slices of bread
- Couple slices of aged cheddar
- Small handful parmesan, grated
- Small handful goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt + ground black pepper
- In a food processor, grind the nuts coarsely for crunchy pesto or finely for smooth.
- Add the herbs and half of the oil.
- Whizz until just blended, then add more oil to desired consistency.
- Taste, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a pan.
- Butter each slice of bread. Put one slice in the pan, drizzle with pesto, then add the cheeses and drizzle again with pesto.
- Top with the other slice of bread, flip and grill until golden brown.
- Transfer the sandwich to a baking pan and put in the oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melting.
Estimated Nutrient Breakdown:
Total Fat: 103.17g
Saturated Fat: 37.62g
Monounsaturated Fat: 49.15g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 9.74g
Vit A: 671.85
Vit B1: 0.45
Vit B2: 0.60
Vit B3: 4.91
Vit B6: 0.32
Vit B12: 0.74
Vit D: 0.90
Vit E: 0.90
Vit K1: 1,019.44
Health Notes: Sugar-Conscious,Vegetarian,Peanut-Free,Tree-Nut-Free,Alcohol-Free, Low-Carb
Notes: Wild Food Box beautiful add-on!!
Author: Honest Cooking
Tags: Wild Food Box