- Dry yeast, 2 pkgs
- 2 cups + 1 tsp sugar
- ½ lb butter
- 1 quart milk
- 4 eggs (including 1 egg for the egg wash on top of the loaf)
- 2-3 tsp ground cardamom
- 1½ tbl salt
- 10-13 cups of all purpose flour
- Combine the 2 packages of yeast, with ½ cup warm water, 1 tsp sugar and let it stand until double in volume.
- Melt ½ pound of butter in 1 quart of milk (do not boil), let cool.
- Combine 3 beaten eggs, 2-3 tsp ground cardamom, 1½ tbl salt, 2 cups sugar and the yeast mixture in a large bowl.
- Add the flour until the mixture thickens, kneading as you go, until it is no longer is sticky.
- Cover with a cloth, and let rise in a warm spot until double in size (about 1 hour).
- Divide the dough into 4 or 5 parts. Divide each part into thirds, roll and braid.
- Place in greased bread pans. Let rise again for approximately one hour.
- Coat top with whipped whole egg. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. (375 degrees and 60 minutes at 8000 feet)
- Best enjoyed toasted and buttered!
Estimated Nutrient Breakdown:
Total Fat: 251.93g
Saturated Fat: 143.06g
Monounsaturated Fat: 66.29g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 18.06g
Vit A: 2,275.45
Vit B1: 19.74
Vit B2: 12.58
Vit B3: 114.96
Vit B6: 2.37
Vit B12: 6.36
Vit D: 19.53
Vit E: 19.53
Vit K1: 23.92
Health Notes: Vegetarian,Peanut-Free,Tree-Nut-Free,Alcohol-Free,
Notes: I be mad for addons, because they are smart!!
Author: Honest Cooking
Tags: Wild Food Box