- 2 1/2 lb medium golden beets (with greens)
- 1/2 cup raw (not roasted) sunflower seeds (2 1/4 oz)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 oz sunflower sprouts or baby mesclun (6 cups)
- Put oven racks in lower third and middle of oven and preheat oven to 425°F.
- Trim beet greens, leaving 1 inch of stems attached. Tightly wrap beets together in double layers of foil to make packages (2 or 3 per package) and roast in middle of oven until tender, 40 to 45 minutes. Unwrap beets and cool slightly.
- While beets roast, toast sunflower seeds in a pie plate or a small baking pan in lower third of oven, shaking occasionally, until seeds are golden, about 10 minutes.
- Whisk together shallot, vinegar, salt, pepper, and sugar in a small bowl, then add oil in a stream, whisking.
- When beets are cool enough to handle, slip off and discard skins. Cut beets lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices and gently toss with 3 tablespoons vinaigrette in a bowl.
- Toss sunflower sprouts and half of sunflower seeds with remaining vinaigrette in another bowl. Arrange beets on 6 salad plates and top with dressed sprouts. Sprinkle salads with remaining sunflower seeds.
Estimated Nutrient Breakdown:
Total Fat: 75.60g
Saturated Fat: 9.38g
Monounsaturated Fat: 36.09g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 26.74g
Vit A: 38.72
Vit B1: 0.58
Vit B2: 0.87
Vit B3: 9.28
Vit B6: 1.41
Vit B12: 0.00
Vit D: 0.00
Vit E: 0.00
Vit K1: 90.11
Health Notes: Vegan,Vegetarian,Peanut-Free,Tree-Nut-Free,Alcohol-Free,
Notes: Wild Food Box beautiful item!
Tags: Wild Food Box