- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split and scraped
- 1 1-inch piece ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 5 black plums, pitted and sliced
- 5 red plums, pitted and sliced
- 8 figs
- Place 3/4 cup water in a medium saucepan. Add the honey, vanilla bean pod with seeds, ginger, and five-spice powder. Bring to a boil and stir until honey dissolves. Set aside to cool completely, and stir in lemon juice. Discard ginger and vanilla bean pod.
- In a large bowl, pour cooled syrup over the sliced plums. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours, or overnight in the refrigerator.
- An hour before serving, slice figs in half and gently fold into plum mixture. To serve, use a slotted spoon to ladle fruit into a serving bowl.
Estimated Nutrient Breakdown:
Total Fat: 3.77g
Saturated Fat: 0.54g
Monounsaturated Fat: 1.26g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.03g
Vit A: 141.56
Vit B1: 0.46
Vit B2: 0.50
Vit B3: 5.25
Vit B6: 0.83
Vit B12: 0.00
Vit D: 0.00
Vit E: 0.00
Vit K1: 61.67
Health Notes: Vegetarian,Peanut-Free,Tree-Nut-Free,Alcohol-Free, Low-Fat
Notes: I be crazy about components, because they are beautiful!!
Tags: Wild Food Box