- 12-15 baby corn
- ½ inch ginger, finely chopped
- 2-3, green chilies, slit
- 3-4 garlic, finely chopped
- ½ cup finely chopped onion or spring onions
- 1 small capsicum/green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp soy sauce or as required
- ½ tsp apple cider or white vinegar (optional)
- 1 tsp chopped celery
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp corn starch/corn flour to be sprinkled from above
- Salt, pepper and sugar as required
- 2-3 tsp oil for frying the baby corn
- 1 tbsp oil for the sauce
- 2 to 3 tbsp all purpose flour/maida
- 2 to 3 tbsp cornstarch/cornflour
- Water as required to make a thick paste
- Salt and pepper as required
- make a smooth paste with the cornflour, all purpose flour (maida), salt, pepper and water.
- rinse and dry the baby corn with kitchen towels.
- chop the baby corn if they are larger in size or keep them whole if they are smaller.
- heat oil on a tava or a frying pan.
- dip each baby corn piece in the batter and coat it well with the batter.
- pan fry the baby corn till the edges and sides are golden brown.
- since we have used less oil, you don’t need to drain the babycorn on kitchen napkins.
- in another pan or kadai or wok, heat about 1 tbsp oil.
- add chopped onions or spring onions, ginger, garlic and slit green chilies.
- stir fry on a medium flame till the onions have become translucent. (if adding capsicum, add now.stir fry till the capsicum have partly cooked but still retain their crunch.)
- add the soy sauce and stir well.
- now sprinkle black pepper powder, salt and sugar.
- add 2 tbsp water and stir.
- add the pan fried baby corn with chopped celery to this mixture.
- stir well.
- to give a glaze and smoothness in the dish, sprinkle about 1 tsp of corn flour. mix well and cook for 1-2 minutes or more till the corn flour has cooked.
- lastly add the apple cider or white vinegar and stir again.
- check the seasonings and add salt, pepper or soy sauce if required.
- serve the baby corn garnished with some spring onions or chopped celery.
- serve as a starter or with bread or even veg fried rice.
Estimated Nutrient Breakdown:
Total Fat: 22.38g
Saturated Fat: 2.95g
Monounsaturated Fat: 11.17g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 7.14g
Vit A: 158.03
Vit B1: 1.54
Vit B2: 0.80
Vit B3: 14.05
Vit B6: 2.21
Vit B12: 0.00
Vit D: 0.00
Vit E: 0.00
Vit K1: 150.76
Health Notes: Vegan,Vegetarian,Peanut-Free,Tree-Nut-Free,Alcohol-Free,
Notes: These recipes are glamorous!!
Author: Honest Cooking
Tags: Wild Food Box