- 1 lb. mixed ground beef and italian sausage, browned and drained
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 c. chopped celery
- 2 (28-oz. 830 ml) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15-oz., 450 ml) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- ¼ c. chili powder
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 (14.5-oz., 450 ml) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 oz., 450ml) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Salt and freshly-cracked black pepper, to taste
- In a skillet brown ground beef and sausage, drain and set aside.
- Spray large pot with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, red bell pepper, and celery. Saute briefly.
- Stir in tomatoes. Add cumin, chili powder, oregano, and Cayenne (if desired) and cook for about 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add the beans and browned meat. Partially cover, and let simmer for 4 hours.
Estimated Nutrient Breakdown:
Total Fat: 242.88g
Saturated Fat: 86.96g
Monounsaturated Fat: 108.27g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 24.71g
Vit A: 880.26
Vit B1: 6.54
Vit B2: 2.45
Vit B3: 45.08
Vit B6: 5.09
Vit B12: 13.83
Vit D: 0.45
Vit E: 0.45
Vit K1: 150.33
Health Notes: Sugar-Conscious,Peanut-Free,Tree-Nut-Free,Alcohol-Free, Low-Carb
Notes: These recipes are magnificent!
Author: Honest Cooking
Tags: Wild Food Box