- 1 cup long grain brown rice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Cubanelle chile or Italian frying pepper, trimmed and cut in 1/3-inch dice
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed, peeled and minced
- 2 cups freshly cut white corn kernels (from 2 ears) or 1 box (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed well and drained
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the rice and cook, stirring occasionally, just until tender, about 25 minutes. Drain and rinse well with cold water until cool. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in the same saucepan over medium heat until hot. Add the chile, onion and garlic and stir until slightly softened, about 3 minutes. Add the corn and salt and cook, stirring, just until heated through, about 1 minute. Transfer the vegetables to the bowl with the rice and toss to mix.
- Add the beans, the remaining 2 tablespoons oil and the vinegar and toss well. Season with plenty of pepper and toss again.
Estimated Nutrient Breakdown:
Total Fat: 64.70g
Saturated Fat: 9.35g
Monounsaturated Fat: 42.21g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 9.45g
Vit A: 45.48
Vit B1: 1.72
Vit B2: 0.80
Vit B3: 17.17
Vit B6: 1.93
Vit B12: 0.00
Vit D: 0.00
Vit E: 0.00
Vit K1: 54.06
Health Notes: Sugar-Conscious,Vegan,Vegetarian,Peanut-Free,Tree-Nut-Free,Alcohol-Free, Balanced
Notes: Wild Food Box awesome plug-in!!
Tags: Wild Food Box