- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cups thinly sliced mixed mushrooms: shiitake, maitake, buna-shimeji, or your fave mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium tamari soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 4 cups cooked grains: your choice of brown rice, freekeh, farro, or quinoa
- 4 cups packed fresh greens, such as arugula or finely chopped kale leaves (reserve 3 cups for the salad, 1 cup for topping)
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted, peeled, and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons crushed gomashio, for topping
- 2 tablespoons organic miso paste
- 3 tablespoons tahini paste
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- In a large sauté pan, warm the sesame oil or extra-virgin olive oil over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and sauté until lightly golden, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the tamari and sauté for 2 minutes more. Deglaze the pan with the mirin to release the bits from the bottom of the pan. Turn off heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the dressing. Using a spatula, stir in the grains and fully coat. Add the mushrooms and 3 cups of the greens, and gently fold to coat well with the dressing. Top with the avocado, reserved greens, and gomashio.
Estimated Nutrient Breakdown:
Total Fat: 105.24g
Saturated Fat: 16.27g
Monounsaturated Fat: 47.47g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 34.91g
Vit A: 111.98
Vit B1: 4.24
Vit B2: 2.66
Vit B3: 55.10
Vit B6: 5.05
Vit B12: 0.20
Vit D: 0.84
Vit E: 0.84
Vit K1: 142.75
Health Notes: Vegan,Vegetarian,Peanut-Free,Tree-Nut-Free,
Notes: These recipes are helpful!!
Tags: Wild Food Box