- 1 cup Vegetable Pickling Liquid
- Few thin ribbons Hubbard squash, skin on, cut on a mandoline
- 1 kabocha squash, cut into large wedges
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Healthy drizzle plus 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale, stems removed
- 1 delicata squash, halved and cut into half-moons, then blanched in salted water for 30 seconds
- 1 watermelon radish, sliced paper-thin, plus greens
- Few slices jamón serrano, prosciutto, or cured country ham
- 1/4 cup toasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- Leaves from 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Heat the pickling liquid over medium-high heat in a medium saucepan and add the Hubbard squash ribbons. Simmer until tender, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool in the liquid.
- In a medium-sized roasting pan, toss the kabocha squash wedges with salt, pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil. Roast until tender, about 15 minutes. Set aside.
- For the dressing, whisk together the vinegar, honey, and grated garlic in a bowl and slowly add the 1/4 cup olive oil until well mixed.
- Here, our fingers are our best tools. Wash your hands and tear the kale into bite-sized pieces and distribute on a platter. Layer on the pickled Hubbard squash, roasted kabocha squash, blanched delicata squash, and the watermelon radish slices. Drizzle on the dressing, then gently run your fingers through the salad to distribute the dressing without breaking the delicate squash slices. Lace a few slices of ham over the top and scatter the toasted pumpkin seeds and cilantro.
Estimated Nutrient Breakdown:
Total Fat: 73.08g
Saturated Fat: 10.91g
Monounsaturated Fat: 44.84g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 12.99g
Vit A: 1,393.39
Vit B1: 1.66
Vit B2: 0.52
Vit B3: 11.18
Vit B6: 2.11
Vit B12: 0.13
Vit D: 0.14
Vit E: 0.14
Vit K1: 1,458.17
Health Notes: Sugar-Conscious,Peanut-Free,Tree-Nut-Free,Alcohol-Free,
Notes: These recipes are nice!
Tags: Wild Food Box