- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups trimmed and halved snow peas
- 1 cup Marinated Sautéed Tofu cubes
- 9.5 ounces buckwheat soba noodles
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1/2 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1/2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch mixed in 1 tablespoon cold water
- Dash sesame oil or chili oil (optional)
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Put a large pot of water on to boil. Add the vegetables to the boiling water and cook for about 2 minutes. Remove the vegetables from the water with a strainer and place them in a large bowl. Add the tofu and mix well.
- Bring the water back to a boil. Add the soba noodles and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, until tender.
- For the sauce place all the sauce ingredients in a saucepan. Slowly bring to a boil, stirring constantly, until thickened and clear. Remove from the heat and pour over the tofu and vegetables, mixing well.
- Remove soba noodles from water and place in a large bowl. Toss with the 1 tablespoon soy sauce to separate the noodles. Pour the vegetable mixture over the noodles and toss well to mix. Serve warm or at room temperature, with Sriracha hot sauce as a condiment, if desired, for more heat.
Estimated Nutrient Breakdown:
Total Fat: 13.97g
Saturated Fat: 2.84g
Monounsaturated Fat: 4.00g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 5.70g
Vit A: 252.38
Vit B1: 2.34
Vit B2: 1.37
Vit B3: 14.73
Vit B6: 1.58
Vit B12: 0.00
Vit D: 0.00
Vit E: 0.00
Vit K1: 232.00
Health Notes: Vegan,Vegetarian,Peanut-Free,Tree-Nut-Free, Low-Fat
Notes: My beautiful mom says this recipe is unbelievable!!
Tags: Wild Food Box