- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (European style cultured)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/4 cups graham wafer crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons cream
- 2 tablespoons vanilla-flavored custard powder
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 4 squares squares semi-sweet chocolate (1 ounce each)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Melt first 1/2 cup butter, sugar and cocoa in top of double boiler. Add egg and stir to cook and thicken. Remove from heat. Stir in crumbs, almonds and coconut. Press firmly into an ungreased 8″ x 8″ pan.
- Cream 1/2 cup butter, cream, custard powder, and icing sugar together well. Beat until light. Spread over bottom layer.
- Melt chocolate and butter over low heat. Cool. Once cool, but still liquid, pour over second layer and chill in refrigerator.
Estimated Nutrient Breakdown:
Total Fat: 325.17g
Saturated Fat: 188.77g
Monounsaturated Fat: 95.15g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 20.43g
Vit A: 1,997.13
Vit B1: 0.53
Vit B2: 1.52
Vit B3: 5.95
Vit B6: 0.32
Vit B12: 1.05
Vit D: 199.28
Vit E: 199.28
Vit K1: 21.84
Health Notes: Vegetarian,Peanut-Free,Alcohol-Free,
Notes: My huge grandma says this recipe is interesting!
Tags: Wild Food Box,Nanaimo