- 4 1/2 cups chicken stock, hot
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups assorted wild mushrooms, such as shiitake, porcini and morels
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons marjoram, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large, heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Add the mushrooms and saute until the mushrooms have release their liquid, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the mushrooms with a slotted spoon and place in a bowl. Set aside.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil to the pot. Add the onion and cook until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add the rice and stir to coat, cooking for about 1 minute to toast.
- Add half the red wine and reduce by half. Add 1 cup chicken stock and simmer until the liquid is completely absorbed. Repeat with the remaining chicken stock, 1 cup at a time, adding another cup only when liquid is completely absorbed. Add the remaining red wine and simmer for another 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from the heat. Fold in the butter, sauteed mushrooms, Parmesan, and marjoram and season with salt and pepper.
Estimated Nutrient Breakdown:
Total Fat: 106.65g
Saturated Fat: 35.33g
Monounsaturated Fat: 56.46g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 9.81g
Vit A: 337.11
Vit B1: 2.17
Vit B2: 1.45
Vit B3: 31.06
Vit B6: 1.45
Vit B12: 0.75
Vit D: 28.50
Vit E: 28.50
Vit K1: 67.98
Health Notes: Peanut-Free,Tree-Nut-Free,
Notes: Wild Food Box interesting extension!
Author: Food Republic
Tags: Wild Food Box,Mushroom,Risotto