- 3 cups water
- 2 ounces dried porcini mushrooms (about 3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large shallots, minced (about 3/4 cup)
- 4 1/2 cups low-salt chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons dry Sherry
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 ounces purchased fresh or frozen wild mushroom ravioli
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced green onion tops
- Bring 3 cups water to boil in medium saucepan. Add porcini. Remove from heat; let soak until mushrooms are soft, about 20 minutes. Place strainer over medium bowl; line strainer with cheesecloth. Strain mushroom soaking liquid (reserve mushrooms for another use).
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots; reduce heat to medium-low and sauté until shallots are soft, about 5 minutes. Add mushroom soaking liquid, then chicken broth, wine, Sherry, salt, and pepper; bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 5 minutes. DO AHEAD Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to simmer before using.
- Cook ravioli in large saucepan of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain. Add ravioli to hot mushroom broth; ladle into bowls. Sprinkle with green onion tops and serve.
Estimated Nutrient Breakdown:
Total Fat: 54.75g
Saturated Fat: 14.92g
Monounsaturated Fat: 28.81g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 6.02g
Vit A: 192.99
Vit B1: 2.17
Vit B2: 6.81
Vit B3: 85.03
Vit B6: 5.11
Vit B12: 1.44
Vit D: 693.00
Vit E: 693.00
Vit K1: 105.82
Health Notes: Peanut-Free,Tree-Nut-Free,
Notes: My grandpa says this recipe is clever.
Tags: Wild Food Box,Mushroom,Ravioli