- 4-5 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups chopped mixed wild mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 medium shallots, finely chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups raw quinoa
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan, Grana Padano or other grated cheese
- ground black pepper
- In a saucepan, bring the stock up to a boil and reduce to a simmer while you are working on the other ingredients.
- Heat a large sauté pan with straight sides over high heat. Add the oil and when it starts to shimmer, add about half the mushrooms. You don’t want to overcrowd the pan, and the mushrooms should be in a single layer. Leave them for 2 to 3 minutes to develop a nice golden brown. Add 1 tablespoon of butter, season with salt and toss to cook another minute. Remove using a slotted spoon and repeat with the rest of the mushrooms and another tablespoon of butter. Set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add shallots and garlic. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until translucent, and then add quinoa. Toast for about a minute and then add the white wine. Let it reduce by half and then stir in about 2 cups of the hot stock. Continue adding stock, a 1/2 cup at a time, stirring in intervals for 15 minutes. You’ll need between 4 and 5 cups of stock to achieve a “risotto-like” texture. Cover for the last 5 minutes.
- Add in the reserved mushrooms, heavy cream, cheese and season to taste. Serve immediately, garnished with fresh herbs.
- Quinoa Power Bars Recipe
- Roasted Garlic Kale & Quinoa Salad With Cranberries Recipe
- Grilled Avocado With Quinoa Salad Recipe
Estimated Nutrient Breakdown:
Total Fat: 128.51g
Saturated Fat: 48.21g
Monounsaturated Fat: 53.03g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 19.18g
Vit A: 571.62
Vit B1: 1.78
Vit B2: 2.79
Vit B3: 31.79
Vit B6: 3.10
Vit B12: 0.83
Vit D: 501.76
Vit E: 501.76
Vit K1: 39.03
Health Notes: Peanut-Free,Tree-Nut-Free,
Notes: These recipes are glamorous!!
Author: Food Republic
Tags: Wild Food Box,Mushroom,Quinotto