- 3 medium courgette, grated
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 100g chestnut mushroom, chopped
- 350g strong plain flour
- 7g sachet easy-blend dried yeast
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- ½ tbsp coarse sea salt, to sprinkle
- Put the grated courgettes in a colander and sprinkle with 1 tsp of the salt. Leave to stand for 20 mins, then, using your hands, squeeze out as much of the moisture as possible. Rinse the courgettes thoroughly, then squeeze again.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the olive oil in a frying pan and cook the onion and garlic for 4 mins until softened. Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 4 mins until softened and browned, then add the courgettes and cook for another 2 mins. Strain well and set aside to cool; discard the liquid.
- Heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7. Place the flour in a large mixing bowl, stir in the yeast, the remaining oil and salt, the basil and the courgette mixture. Mix well to combine. Make a well in the centre and add 125ml hand-hot water. Mix well to form a slightly sticky dough. Knead on a floured surface for about 10 mins, then shape into a ball and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Flatten the ball of dough very slightly with the palm of your hand and loosely cover with oiled cling film. Leave to rise in a warm place for 25-30 mins until doubled in size. Brush the top of the dough with a little water, then sprinkle with the sea salt and bake for 40 mins until golden. Leave to cool on a wire rack before serving.
Estimated Nutrient Breakdown:
Total Fat: 33.32g
Saturated Fat: 4.92g
Monounsaturated Fat: 20.38g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 5.03g
Vit A: 72.79
Vit B1: 1.58
Vit B2: 1.41
Vit B3: 13.62
Vit B6: 1.49
Vit B12: 0.04
Vit D: 7.00
Vit E: 7.00
Vit K1: 64.98
Health Notes: Vegan,Vegetarian,Peanut-Free,Alcohol-Free,
Notes: I be wild about items, because they are fancy.
Author: BBC Good Food
Tags: Wild Food Box,Courgette,mushroom