- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups pastry cream
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup apricot glaze
- 3 to 4 cups assorted seasonal fruit such as sliced peaches, apricots, or plums; berries; or grapes
- 2 cups raspberry sauce
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 150°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Using 3-inch-diameter bowl or ring mold as guide, trace 5 circles on each sheet. Turn paper over so markings are on bottom. In large metal bowl, whisk egg whites until frothy. Gradually whisk in sugar, then cornstarch. Attach candy thermometer to bowl and set over saucepan of simmering water. Continue whisking until thermometer registers 130°F. Remove bowl from heat and, using electric mixer, beat mixture at moderately high speed until mixture cools and holds stiff peaks, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to pastry bag fitted with large star tip.
- Starting at center and working in spiral outward, pipe meringue onto 1 traced circle. Pipe second layer in ring around edge to form outer wall. Fill remaining circles in same manner.
- Bake meringues until dry on outside but still soft inside, about 3 hours. Transfer pan to rack and cool 5 minutes. Peel meringues from parchment and cool completely on rack. (Meringues can be made ahead and stored in airtight container in dry, cool place up to 2 weeks or frozen in airtight container up to 3 months.)
- Using electric mixer, beat cream until stiff peaks form.
- In large bowl, whisk pastry cream until smooth. Whisk in 1/3 of whipped cream to lighten, then fold in remaining whipped cream.
- In small saucepan over moderate heat, bring apricot glaze to boil, stirring occasionally. Keep warm.
- Transfer each meringue to serving plate and fill with 3 tablespoons pastry cream mixture. Mound fruit on top of cream. Brush fruit with glaze. Spoon raspberry sauce alongside on plate, dust Pavlovas with powdered sugar, and serve immediately.
Estimated Nutrient Breakdown:
Total Fat: 179.30g
Saturated Fat: 110.01g
Monounsaturated Fat: 51.32g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 7.84g
Vit A: 2,125.94
Vit B1: 0.60
Vit B2: 1.44
Vit B3: 3.66
Vit B6: 0.80
Vit B12: 0.93
Vit D: 128.52
Vit E: 128.52
Vit K1: 116.70
Health Notes: Vegetarian,Peanut-Free,Tree-Nut-Free,Alcohol-Free,
Notes: Wild Food Box astonishing add-on!!
Tags: Wild Food Box,Mixed,Fruit