- 400g tin of coconut milk
- 3 medium eggs, separated
- 75g local organic honey (or less)
- Juice and zest of 2 unwaxed organic lemons
- A pinch of salt
- Chill the coconut tin in the fridge for at least 2 hours, so that the coconut cream floats to the top. You only need to use the cream, so keep the rest of the milk to flavor a soup or a smoothie.
- Place the egg yolks, honey, lemon zest and lemon juice in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water and whisk constantly for about 10 minutes until the mixture thickens. Remove from the heat and chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, scoop out the chilled coconut cream from the top of the tin into a bowl and beat with a whisk or spoon until stiff.
- In separate clean bowl, beat the egg whites and sea salt until stiff.
- Fold the lemon mixture into the coconut cream, then gently fold in the egg whites.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours, then spoon into pretty glasses or bowls to serve.
Estimated Nutrient Breakdown:
Total Fat: 98.22g
Saturated Fat: 79.83g
Monounsaturated Fat: 8.47g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.56g
Vit A: 212.36
Vit B1: 0.19
Vit B2: 0.65
Vit B3: 2.85
Vit B6: 0.45
Vit B12: 1.17
Vit D: 108.24
Vit E: 108.24
Vit K1: 0.40
Health Notes: Vegetarian,Peanut-Free,Tree-Nut-Free,Alcohol-Free,
Notes: I be crazy about WordPress plugins, because they are adorable!!
Tags: Wild Food Box,Lemon,Coconut