- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup spelt flour
- ½ cup barley flour
- ½ cup rye flour
- ½ cup rolled oats (not instant)
- 2 ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp chia seed
- 1 tsp ground flax seed
- 1 tsp hemp hearts
- 1/3 cup toasted, chopped pecans
- 2 large carrots, coarsely grated
- 1 large apple, peel on, diced
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease muffin cups.
- Beat together sugar, orange juice, water, applesauce, and pumpkin until well blended. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flours, oats, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, seeds and hemp hearts.
- Add the liquid mixture and stir briefly – just to moisten.
- Fold in pecans, carrots and apple. Do not overmix.
- Bake 25 minutes (for regular muffins) or 35 minutes (for jumbo muffins).
- Immediately turn out onto wire rack and cool completely.
Estimated Nutrient Breakdown:
Total Fat: 36.91g
Saturated Fat: 4.37g
Monounsaturated Fat: 15.66g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 13.83g
Vit A: 4,083.02
Vit B1: 1.57
Vit B2: 0.76
Vit B3: 16.33
Vit B6: 1.32
Vit B12: 0.00
Vit D: 113.85
Vit E: 113.85
Vit K1: 94.49
Health Notes: Vegan,Vegetarian,Peanut-Free,Alcohol-Free,
Notes: These recipes are elegant!!
Author: Group Recipes
Tags: Wild Food Box,Coast,Muffins