- 1 cup Greek yogurt, homemade or store-bought, at room temperature
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed through a garlic press
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, plus more for sprinkling
- black pepper
- 4 large farm fresh eggs
- 2 tablespoons raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cultured butter
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- pinch of cayenne (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons pistachios, finely chopped (optional)
- Put the yogurt in a small bowl and whisk in the garlic, salt and pepper.
- Divide the yogurt mixture between two shallow bowls or rimmer plates.
- Break an egg into each of four tea cups or small bowls and line a plate with a paper towel.
- Fill a wide shallow saucepan about two-thirds full with water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat and add the vinegar.
- Lower the heat to very low so the water is jus tbarely simmering.
- Using the straight end of a wooden spoon, stir to create a whirlpool in the water and gently add 2 of the eggs by lowering the bowls one at a time directly into the water into the center of the whirlpool and gently tipping in the eggs.
- Cook for about 3 minutes for a soft yolk, about 5 minutes for a hard yolk, creating another whirlpool around the eggs if the whites start to spread out (you'll know the eggs are ready when the white is set and the yolk starts to thicken).
- Lift the poached eggs out of the water using a slotted spoon and place on the paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Repeat with the remaining 2 eggs.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, quickly melt the butter with the smoked paprika and cayenne, if using.
- Let it sizzle for about 1 minute, until the butter just starts to brown.
- Place 2 eggs atop the yogurt in each bowl and pour the spiced butter on top of the eggs.
- Top with a generous pinch of salt and the mint and pistachios, if using, and serve.
- Truffle Poached Eggs & Toast Recipe
- Maple Syrup-Poached Eggs And Waffles Recipe
- Jumbo Lump Crab Hash With Poached Eggs
Estimated Nutrient Breakdown:
Total Fat: 57.51g
Saturated Fat: 30.39g
Monounsaturated Fat: 13.31g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.78g
Vit A: 535.95
Vit B1: 0.10
Vit B2: 0.94
Vit B3: 0.31
Vit B6: 0.44
Vit B12: 1.83
Vit D: 181.04
Vit E: 181.04
Vit K1: 6.11
Health Notes: Sugar-Conscious,Vegetarian,Peanut-Free,Alcohol-Free, Low-Carb
Notes: I adore addons, because they are huge!!
Author: Food Republic
Tags: Wild Food Box,,Low-Carb