- 12 whole Eggs
- 2-1/2 cups Half And Half (or Milk, If You Prefer)
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
- 4 Tablespoons Minced Fresh Oregano (or Parsley, Basil, Etc.)
- 1 loaf Crusty French Or Italian Bread, Cut Into Cubes
- 2 pounds Breakfast Sausage Patties, Cooked And Cut Into Cubes
- 1 bunch (large) Regular Kale, Torn Into Pieces
- Olive Oil (for Frying)
- 16 ounces, weight White Mushrooms, Halved
- 2-1/2 cups Grated Monterey Jack Cheese
- *Note: Recipe can easily be halved.
- Mix together eggs, half-and-half, salt, pepper, and minced oregano. Set aside.
- Drizzle olive oil over mushrooms and sprinkle with salt and pepper, then roast in a 425 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat, then throw in kale. Cook for 2 minutes, or until slightly wilted. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Layer half the bread, half the kale, half the mushrooms, and half the cheese in a large, buttered lasagna pan. Repeat with the other half of all the ingredients, ending with the cheese. Slowly pour egg mixture all over the top.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight if possible.
- To bake, remove from fridge 20-30 minutes before baking. Replace plastic wrap with foil and bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 to 40 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking until top is golden brown and slightly crisp.
Estimated Nutrient Breakdown:
Total Fat: 975.46g
Saturated Fat: 266.33g
Monounsaturated Fat: 536.58g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 116.96g
Vit A: 3,590.20
Vit B1: 4.68
Vit B2: 9.11
Vit B3: 84.12
Vit B6: 4.53
Vit B12: 17.86
Vit D: 1,092.97
Vit E: 1,092.97
Vit K1: 2,268.68
Health Notes: Peanut-Free,Tree-Nut-Free,Alcohol-Free, Low-Carb
Notes: My fancy mom says this recipe is unbelievable!!
Author: Pioneer Woman
Tags: Wild Food Box,,Low-Carb