- 10 large eggs (preferably local farm eggs), room temperature
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1 small garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped watercress
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Place eggs in single layer in large saucepan. Pour enough water over eggs to cover by 1 1/2 inches. Add 2 tablespoons coarse salt and bring to boil over high heat. Remove from heat; cover saucepan tightly and let stand 8 minutes. Drain. Return eggs to pan; cover with lid and shake pan to crack egg shells. Place eggs in large bowl of ice water and cool 5 minutes. Peel eggs and set aside.
- Place garlic in small ramekin; pour 2 tablespoons boiling water over and let stand 2 minutes. Transfer garlic with garlic liquid to blender. Add watercress, parsley, cayenne, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt. With blender running, add olive oil in thin stream and blend until mixture is smooth. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper. do ahead Eggs and watercress-parsley sauce can be made 4 hours ahead. Cover separately and chill. Bring sauce to room temperature before using.
- Cut eggs lengthwise into halves or quarters. If desired, cut off very thin slice from rounded side of each half or quarter so that eggs can stand upright. Arrange eggs on platter. Sprinkle lightly with salt and freshly ground pepper. Spoon watercress-parsley sauce over and around eggs and serve.
Estimated Nutrient Breakdown:
Total Fat: 155.73g
Saturated Fat: 30.57g
Monounsaturated Fat: 97.14g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 20.97g
Vit A: 881.43
Vit B1: 0.23
Vit B2: 2.31
Vit B3: 0.62
Vit B6: 0.91
Vit B12: 4.45
Vit D: 410.00
Vit E: 410.00
Vit K1: 333.98
Health Notes: Sugar-Conscious,Vegetarian,Peanut-Free,Tree-Nut-Free,Alcohol-Free, Low-Carb
Notes: I be nuts about extensions, because they are awesome.
Tags: Wild Food Box,,Low-Carb