- 7 slices white sandwich bread
- 1 pound bulk breakfast sausage
- Softened unsalted butter or nonstick vegetable cooking spray (for pan)
- 4 scallions, white and pale green and dark green parts separated, thinly sliced
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed, squeezed dry
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 8 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Toast bread on a rimmed baking sheet until dry, 8–10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high. Add sausage and cook, breaking into pieces with a spatula, until browned, about 7 minutes.
- Butter a 3-quart baking dish. Arrange 6 bread slices in dish in one layer, covering bottom of pan completely and cutting slices to fit if needed. Tear remaining slice into smaller pieces to fill in any gaps.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer sausage to baking dish, scattering over bread.
- Heat skillet over medium and add white and pale green scallion parts. Cook, stirring, until softened and just starting to take on color, about 3 minutes. Add spinach, stir to combine, and cook until warmed through, 1–2 minutes more. Top sausage with spinach mixture, then top spinach mixture with cheese.
- Whisk eggs, milk, yogurt, mustard powder, salt, pepper, and nutmeg in a large bowl. Gently pour over casserole. Cover and chill at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
- Uncover dish and transfer to a cold oven. Heat oven to 375°F and bake casserole until eggs are puffed and cheese is browned, about 40 minutes.
- Let casserole cool several minutes. Top with dark green scallion parts.
- Casserole can be assembled 1 day ahead. Tightly cover and chill.
Estimated Nutrient Breakdown:
Total Fat: 278.79g
Saturated Fat: 119.33g
Monounsaturated Fat: 89.29g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 36.67g
Vit A: 3,084.46
Vit B1: 2.51
Vit B2: 5.21
Vit B3: 39.03
Vit B6: 2.54
Vit B12: 11.42
Vit D: 844.93
Vit E: 844.93
Vit K1: 1,516.03
Health Notes: Sugar-Conscious,Peanut-Free,Tree-Nut-Free,Alcohol-Free, Low-Carb
Notes: Wild Food Box elegant component!!
Tags: Wild Food Box,,Low-Carb