- 100g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 125g icing sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 25g plain flour
- 85g ground almond
- 3 medium egg white
- 1 unwaxed lemon, grated rind only
- 85g blueberry
- Preheat the oven to fan 180C/conventional 200C/gas 6. Generously butter six non-stick friand or muffin tins. Melt the butter and set aside to cool.
- Sift the icing sugar and flour into a bowl. Add the almonds and mix everything between your fingers.
- Whisk the egg whites in another bowl until they form a light, floppy foam. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients, tip in the egg whites and lemon rind, then lightly stir in the butter to form a soft batter.
- Divide the batter among the tins, a large serving spoon is perfect for this job. Sprinkle a handful of blueberries over each cake and bake for 15-20 minutes until just firm to the touch and golden brown.
- Cool in the tins for 5 minutes, then turn out and cool on a wire rack. To serve, dust lightly with icing sugar.
Estimated Nutrient Breakdown:
Total Fat: 124.38g
Saturated Fat: 54.68g
Monounsaturated Fat: 47.91g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 13.80g
Vit A: 687.13
Vit B1: 0.27
Vit B2: 1.43
Vit B3: 3.93
Vit B6: 0.23
Vit B12: 0.24
Vit D: 1.50
Vit E: 1.50
Vit K1: 23.48
Health Notes: Vegetarian,Peanut-Free,Alcohol-Free,
Notes: Wild Food Box helpful plugin.
Author: BBC Good Food
Tags: Wild Food Box,Blueberry,lemon