- 4 cups (1/2-inch) fresh bread cubes (preferably brioche or challah; about 5 ounces)
- 1 1/2 pounds mixed fresh wild mushrooms such as chanterelle, cremini, and oyster, trimmed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallot
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Equipment: 8 (6-ounce) ramekins
- Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in middle.
- Bake bread cubes in 1 layer in a large shallow baking pan until golden-brown, about 10 minutes.
- Tear or cut mushrooms lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick pieces.
- Cook shallot in butter in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until beginning to soften, about 3 minutes. Add mushrooms, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and cook until liquid mushrooms give off has evaporated, about 15 minutes. Add parsley and garlic and cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Whisk together half-and-half, eggs, cheese, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl. Stir in mushrooms and bread cubes until coated well and let stand 10 minutes for bread to absorb some of egg mixture.
- Meanwhile, butter ramekins, then put a round of parchment in bottom of each and butter parchment.
- Spoon mixture into ramekins and bake on a baking sheet until firm to the touch, 30 to 35 minutes. Unmold puddings and discard parchment.
Estimated Nutrient Breakdown:
Total Fat: 118.54g
Saturated Fat: 66.16g
Monounsaturated Fat: 34.69g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 9.85g
Vit A: 1,226.99
Vit B1: 1.68
Vit B2: 5.63
Vit B3: 36.16
Vit B6: 1.93
Vit B12: 4.78
Vit D: 250.91
Vit E: 250.91
Vit K1: 510.49
Health Notes: Peanut-Free,Tree-Nut-Free,Alcohol-Free,
Notes: Wild Food Box beautiful component!!
Tags: Wild Food Box,Wild-Mushroom,Bread