- 4 large egg
- 225g golden caster sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 175g butter, melted and cooled
- 200g self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
- 85g pistachio, ground
- 50g blueberry
- 100g butter, softened
- 200g icing sugar
- seeds from 6 cardamom pod, ground
- 200ml double cream
- 85g pistachio, roughly chopped
- 200g blueberry
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Lightly grease and line the base of 2 x 20cm sandwich tins with baking parchment. Grease the tins again, dust with a little caster sugar and a little flour, then tap out any excess.
- Put the eggs and sugar in a heatproof bowl and, using an electric whisk, mix briefly to combine. Place the bowl over a pan of steaming water and continue to whisk until the mixture is pale and thick – when the whisk is lifted, the mixture should leave a trail on the surface lasting about 5 secs. Remove the bowl from the pan and continue beating for 2 mins.
- Continue to whisk the mixture while trickling the melted butter around the edge of the bowl. Sift in the flour and ground pistachios, very gently give the mixture 2-3 folds, then add the blueberries and fold again, being careful not to knock out all the air. Divide the mixture between the tins and bake for 25-30 mins, until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- To make the filling, beat the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy. Add the cardamom, then drizzle in the cream. Continue to beat until light and airy.
- Cool cakes in their tins for 10 mins, then turn out onto a wire rack. Remove lining paper when completely cooled. Sandwich the cakes together with the cardamom cream, top with some more, then decorate with pistachios and blueberries.
Estimated Nutrient Breakdown:
Total Fat: 396.60g
Saturated Fat: 203.76g
Monounsaturated Fat: 127.45g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 39.52g
Vit A: 3,072.49
Vit B1: 1.95
Vit B2: 1.76
Vit B3: 6.10
Vit B6: 3.51
Vit B12: 2.61
Vit D: 9.54
Vit E: 9.54
Vit K1: 75.15
Health Notes: Vegetarian,Peanut-Free,Alcohol-Free,
Notes: My awesome dad says this recipe is interesting!!
Author: BBC Good Food
Tags: Wild Food Box,Blueberry,pistachio