- 3 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp demerara sugar
- 2 small eating apple, peeled, cored and diced
- pinch each ground allspice and cinnamon
- 75g blueberry
- 500g pack puff pastry
- little plain flour for rolling
- 1 egg, beaten
- First make the filling: melt the butter and 3 tbsp of the sugar in a medium saucepan. Stir in the apples and spices and cook for 5 mins, until the fruit is slightly softened but not cooked. Remove from the heat and stir in the blueberries.
- Roll the pastry out on a lightly floured surface to £1 coin thickness. Cut out 8 x 11cm squares. Prick the squares all over with a fork and transfer to a baking tray.
- Divide the filling between the pastry squares, spooning it into the centre of each square. Bring the four corners into the centre of each square and pinch together edges using a little of the egg to help stick. Brush all over the danishes with the rest of the egg. They can be covered and chilled for a few hours now.
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Dust with the remaining demerara and cook for 20 mins until the pastry is golden. Don’t worry if they pop open while cooking – they look even prettier.
Estimated Nutrient Breakdown:
Total Fat: 230.11g
Saturated Fat: 71.58g
Monounsaturated Fat: 118.58g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 26.93g
Vit A: 373.41
Vit B1: 2.11
Vit B2: 1.76
Vit B3: 21.70
Vit B6: 0.39
Vit B12: 0.46
Vit D: 1.50
Vit E: 1.50
Vit K1: 106.17
Health Notes: Vegetarian,Peanut-Free,Tree-Nut-Free,Alcohol-Free,
Notes: My grandma says this recipe is glamorous.
Author: BBC Good Food
Tags: Wild Food Box,Apple,blueberry